How to Dry Potatoes
Instructions for Drying Potatoes
Learning how to dry potatoes from the garden is:
When drying potatoes, avoid heating over 100 degrees (F) (destroys nutritional content).
1. Wash potatoes and peel (optional).
2. Prepare potatoes by either cutting into 1/4" slices, dicing or grating.
3. Cover potatoes with water and a little lemon juice for 5 minutes (prevents discoloring).
4. Dry potatoes for about 8 hrs (until crisp) at 100 degrees (F).
5. Keep dried potatoes in an airtight container that's clean and dry. Avoid discoloration by storing out of the light.
To rehydrate dried potatoes: Cover with cold water and let sit for half an hour. (If using the potatoes in soups, there's no need to rehydrate before use.)
Suggestions: Use dried potatoes in casseroles, stews, soups, mashed.